Your Data & Mimicking
By providing your personal information to us and/or visiting or using any of the pages available on www.mimicking.com.my
Personal data shall have the same meaning accorded under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 of Malaysia. Personal data is any personal information from which an individual would be identifiable, and it includes information such as name, date of birth, email address, telephone number, NRIC or passport number, address, credit card information et cetera (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Data”).
Collection of Personal Data
1. In accordance with the principles of the PDPA, we will notify you of the purposes and obtain your consent for the collection of your Personal Data, unless an exception under the law permits us to collect and process your Personal Data without your consent.
2. We collect Personal Data when:
• you make purchases in store or online;
• you set up an account on our Website or subscribe to our membership;
• you contact our customer relations center, either online, in store or through the phone;
• you agree to participate in a sports event, customer contest, competition, survey, interview or product testing;
• you register to participate in activities organized in store or through the Website;
• you upload content on the Website;
• you conduct certain types of transactions, such as an application for a refund;
• you use certain services, such as racket services or workshop services;
• you apply for a job online or in store;
• you provide feedback or complaints in relation to our products or our services either online, in store or through the phone.
3. You can browse our Website without sharing your personal data with us and remain anonymous. However, where it is indicated that it is mandatory for you to provide your Personal Data to us, failure to provide such information may result in you not being able to access and use certain features of the Site.
4. You acknowledge that you provide your Personal Data to us voluntarily. If you provide Personal Data of your dependant(s) to us, you warrant that you are legally authorised to do so.
Use and Processing of Personal Data
1. Personal Data collected may be used for various purposes (collectively, the “Purposes”), including but not limited to:
• responding to your queries and communicating with you so as to better address your needs;
• communicating with you and sending you information which we think may be of interest to you;
• enabling you to use the Website;
• managing your orders and payment online, the subsequent home delivery or self-collection of products as well as exchanges or returns of products, if applicable;
• identify you as a Decathlon member so as to allow you to benefit from the membership program;
• enabling you to register yourself or your dependant(s) for activities or events organized by us;
• management of marketing communication in relation to our products, services, promotion, stores or Website;
• management of customer reviews on products;
• facilitating your participation in our organization of sports event, customer contests, competitions, surveys, interviews or product tests;
• conduct market research or surveys, marketing analysis, customer profiling activities, analysis of customer choices, statistical and trend analysis in relation to our products and/or services;
• management of after sales services, such as enabling us to contact you in the event of any defective components, or to offer workshop services or to contact you in the event of product recalls;
• contacting you about functionality changes to our Website;
• enable us to comply with obligations under laws or regulations or to assist in investigations by the authorities;
• prevent fraudulent or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use;
• develop, maintain and improve our services.
Protection and Security of Personal Data
1. We take all the necessary precautions to ensure the confidentiality of your personal data. We have the necessary technical and organizational measures in place to safeguard the personal data that you provide and to prevent its disclosure to unauthorized third parties. Such measures include the use of encryption where personal data is entered on our Website as well as limited access to your personal data.
2. Transfer of Data outside of Malaysia
As we may outsource some of our data processing, your personal data may be transferred to, accessed in and stored at a destination outside Malaysia. Where such a transfer occurs, we ask that the third parties provide sufficient guarantees to implement appropriate and adequate technical and organizational measures to such a degree that will ensure the security and protection of your personal data.
3. By using the Website, you hereby expressly consent to the transfer of your personal data outside of Malaysia.
4. In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal data has been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If we have your email address, we may notify you by email. By using the Website, you consent to our use of email as a means of such notification.
1. As a general rule, Decathlon processes your Personal Data and ensures the security and confidentiality of your Personal Data. We will take the necessary and appropriate measures to obtain your consent prior to the use or disclosure of your Personal Data.
2. The exceptions are where Decathlon engages service providers to perform specific services on our behalf and for purposes mentioned in clause 4.1 above, including but not limited to the following:
In such situations, the service providers are authorized to use your Personal Data only to perform the specific services entrusted by Decathlon. As part of our agreement with them, they are required to take all reasonable measures to ensure and maintain a high level of security of your Personal Data.
• delivery of products ordered through our Website;
• hosting your Personal Data in data centers through storage facility providers;
• statistical and analytical studies;
• monitoring the quality of our service or Website;
• improving advertising campaigns or promotions, marketing and business efficiencies and prospective sales.
3. Your Personal Data may also be shared or disclosed to third parties such as our professional advisers, regulatory and government authorities, on a need-to-know basis, where we are under a duty to do so.
Comunication and Marketing
When it comes to marketing, respect for your peace and tranquility and the relevance of our messages are two rules on which we never compromise. You have the option to opt-out of receiving marketing communication from us and/or selected third parties. You can do so by visiting “My Profile” under “My Account”. You can also opt-out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any email communications which we might send you.